Serves: 8 | Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes
- 24 oz. pasta sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 120g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 20g Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Lasagna pasta
- Soak lasagna pasta in hot water while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Set the oven to 375˚F, and heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5-7 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini, kale, salt, and black pepper, and cook until the kale wilts.
- Stir in pasta sauce, bring to a boil, and remove from heat. In a medium bowl, mix egg, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Drain pasta and place evenly in the dish. Cover with the cheese mixture, sauce mixture, and half the remaining mozzarella cheese — in that order.
- Add another layer of pasta, and repeat the step above. Cook covered in the oven for 30 minutes. Then uncover and cook for 15 minutes longer.
Recipe Credit: Logan Nickleson