After you’ve successfully assembled your Tower Garden FLEX, you’ll want to prepare it for planting. This part will require the mineral blend, pH tester kit, and other components included with every purchase. We’ve included some directions below to ensure this process is both mess and stress free!
First things first, you’ll need to fill the reservoir and add nutrients before you can transplant your seedlings. Simply follow along with the step-by-step instructions or the video tutorial shared below to learn how to properly set up your garden.
- Your Tower Garden will hold approximately 20 gallons when filled to within 3 inches of the top lid. Fill the reservoir with cool water. Do not overfill the reservoir. NEVER use softened water, heavily chlorinated water, or very hard water, as it may damage your plants. (If you have hardwood floors or carpet, we recommend placing a mat under the reservoir before filling it.)
- Add the correct amount of Mineral Blend to the reservoir. Follow the instructions listed on the labels.
- Use a spoon or other utensil to stir in the nutrients thoroughly. Do not use your hands, as the solution may be slightly acidic or alkaline and can irritate the skin.
- Use the pH tester kit to test the pH of the solution in the nutrient reservoir. The optimal pH is 5.5 to 6.5. If an adjustment is necessary, add one teaspoon / 5 mL of the pH buffering solution (included) to either raise (pH+Base) or lower (pH-Acid) the pH. Follow all safety instructions on the pH bottles. Avoid contact with the skin. Repeat this process until you reach the desired pH level.
- A timer is included with your Tower Garden which functions best if the watering is on a cycle, rather than a continuous flow. For indoor growing, set the timer to "I", for outdoor growing, set the timer to "O". If you have questions, refer to the instructions found on the back of the timer.
- Plug the pump into timer. (If an extension cord is needed, plug the timer into the outlet as in Step 5, then plug the extension cord into the timer. Finally, plug the pump into the extension cord.) Check that water is flowing out of the top of the Tower Garden before putting the lid on the shower cap.
- Your pump comes with an adjustable flow rate dial. Turn the dial counterclockwise to ensure the pump is open.
- Place the access port lid on the reservoir lid.
Learn how to fill the reservoir in your Tower Garden, add Mineral Blend, test pH and more.
Ready to get growing? Let's do it with the FLEX Growing Guide!